Vancouver : Museum of Vancouver
View this document at Museum of Vancouver: Floral stained glass windowpane
|Creator||City of Vancouver, Properties Department|
|Title||Floral stained glass windowpane|
|Published||Vancouver : Museum of Vancouver|
|Contributor||Museum of Vancouver|
The window is one of a set of eight removed from house at 2779 Point Grey Road. The house was built in 1925 between Stephens and McDonald streets. Its first occupant was Reginald R. Jones, the owner of College Inn on Robson Street. The following year, Charles F. Welch and his wife, Alice, were the owners and residents. Mr. Welch operated Welch's Ltd., which included a bakery and candy store on Granville and Robson streets. By the mid-1960s, the house was owned by Robert and Mabel McGregor. Mr. McGregor was the president of West Coast Hardwood. The house was demolished in the early 1980s.
Three wood framed leaded glass windows with stained glass insets; a) red and green flower inset at centre; b) rose and gold flower flanked by green leaves inset in upper part of windows; c) red and green flower inset in centre (as part a); metal latches on parts a and c; rectangular panes in all three windows 9 cm w by 17.5 cm high.